Scott's Wish List
Material things that are easy to find...
- Statue: A Replica Statue of Tajima the arrow-cutter; Ivory carving depicting Tajima the arrow-cutter deflecting an arrow with his naginata during the battle of Uji (1180). Japan. 19th century. Height: 150mm.
A Different version is shown on page 60 of "Samarai, the Story of a Warrior's Tradition" by H. Cook.
- Art (paintings, posters, prints, sculpture):
- "Dawn" by Andrew "Drew" Posada in about 2000 ($30, or $300, or $1000 depending on size) - this was supposed to be a cover for the comic "The Wicked" - but it is stunning as a print by itself
- Poster/Map: A poster-style copy of the maps of Japan by Ino Tadataka (1745 - 1818) - the one that took 17 years to survey and draw (The National Museum of Japanese History has the Original
- Poster/Map: A copy of the map of Japan from Utten's "Atlas Minor" (done in 1745)
- Poster/Map: A copy of the map of Japan from Seutter's "Atlas Minor" (done in 1740)
- A copy of "Das Hansbuch der Mendelschen zuo[lh]f bruder stoft[zu]n[yg] zu Nurnburg" (Munich, 1965), a book of illustrations of medieval craftsmen and their tools.
- "The Dremel guide to Compact Power Tools" by Len Hilts
- "Can Seo" from Thistle and Shamrock Books, 703-548-2207 (Rod Clark) - Gaelic Language Book
- the stories of Minamoto Tametomo, the giant archer, or Minamoto Yoshitsune, thelegendary leader of the Gempai War (1181-1185).
- Movies on either DVD or Laserdisc:
- "Windrider" on laser or DVD, or even a soundtrack on CD. I really just want this for a song sung by Lisa Hill and possibly written by Boyd Wilson called "Love is Never Like Your Dreams" (a beautiful and haunting melody that has stuck in my head for over 12 years after seeing the movie only once in 1988 or 1989).
- "Hamlet" with Kenneth Brannaugh (1996)
- "Hamlet" with Mel Gibson (1991)
- "King Lear" with Ian Holm (1998)
- "Othello" with Willaim Marshall and Jenny Agutter (1981)
- Audio Compact Discs:
- "Calendar Days" by Big Tube Squeeze(r)
- Dream Cars:
Shelby Series 1 or perhaps a Lotus Elise
1962-1968 AC289, only 27 were made with rack-and-pinion steering... sigh.
1962-1968 AC Cobra 289, only 571 were produced... $50k to $200k these days
1962-1968 AC Cobra 260, only 75 were produced
1964-1968 AC Cobra 427, only 306 were produced
AC Mark II 289 FIA Roadster
1984 - 1987 Bitter Rallye Roadster (Opel Manta parts, Bitter finish, Targa top) - sometimes called Opel Air (Bitter Rallye)
1968 - 1969 MGB Roadster, with chrome bumpers, wire spoke wheels
1970 - 1974 MGB Roadster, with chrome bumpers, cast wheels (that I will replace with wire spoke wheels) - some UK versions might still have spoke wheels, but right hand drive (which is fine)
1962 - 1967 MGB Roadster, with chrome bumpers, spoke wheels
1969 - 1976 Triumph TR6
1974 Porsche 914/2.0L LE or SE Special Edition, black with yellow trim, Ad
1972 Porsche 914/6 (the passenger seat moves in 1972 and newer cars)
1975 Porsche 914/2.0 Copper with Oatmeal interior
1973 Porsche 914/2.0 S
- Amiga Games (probably only available used):
- "Ghengis Khan" by KOEI $37.00
- "Romance of thre Three Kingdoms" by KOEI $43.00
- "Hired Guns" by Psygnosis - a fantastic Sci-Fi role playing game in the style of the classic Dungeon Master; can handle 4 players with the four player adaptor and 4 joysticks!
- A Cobra:
- Books on Heraldry:
- Ordinary: "Ordinary of British Armorials: An Alphabetical Dictionary of Coats of Arms Belonging to Families in Great Britain & Ireland." by John Woody Papworth (1874, reprinted in 1961, 1965, 1977, and 1985)
- Ordinary: "An Ordinary of Arms contained in the public register of all arms and bearings in Scotland, 1902-73" (the second volume to Sir James Balfour Paul's work, called Lyon II)
- Ordinary: "Dictionnaire des figures héraldiques" by Théodore de Renesse (seven volumes) (1992) and the Rietstap (2nd edition)
- Armorial: "Armorial général" by Johannes Baptist Rietstap (1861, 1875, 1884-7; reprinted in 1934, 1965, 1972)
- "Heraldic Badges" by A.C. Fox-Davies
- "Boutell's Heraldry" by C. Boutell
- "Combined Ordinary of various small ordinaries" by Herveus
- "Oxford Dictionary of Christian Names" by E.G. Withycombe
- "Woodward's Treatise on Heraldry British and Foreign" by John Woodward and George Burnett
Author: Scott Nolan,
(How to send me email)
Last updated: April 14th, 2017